Pros and Cons of Optimizer Software for Computers
Using PC optimizer software can have a positive impact on your computer and provide a powerful performance gain. However, there are some things you may want to consider before taking the plunge on your road to full-out optimization.
Pros and Cons
Optimizing Windows with PC Optimizer Software
Windows optimization software will have a very positive impact on your overall PC performance - but there are a few caveats that you may want to ponder before tuning up your system. We'll also weigh the pros and cons to help you make the final decision on whether you should buy an optimizer.
PC Optimizer Pros
- Faster startups to Windows, and all of your installed programs will also launch much quicker. Windows and programs shutdown will also work flawlessly without freezing or hangs.
- Reduces the bottlenecks in Windows and hardware components that are created by the default settings of every PC when built. PC makers and OS developers will always choose the most generally compatible services and OS tasks. These waste CPU cycles and will slow your PC even though you don't need them. The best optimizers intelligently determine what's needed on your PC and adjusts these invisible and hidden settings automatically - creating an optimized environment that speeds up everything running on your machine.
- Safe Windows registry cleaning. The Windows registry needs to be clean and efficient despite what some so-called experts may think. It's undeservedly a hot-topic of contention. I believe the junk registry cleaners between 10 and 15 years ago started this belief as many users corrupted their Windows OS with the early junkware. Today's PC optimizers have registry cleaning modules that safely clear the registry of defunct entries removing the bloat that can seriously hamper performance. Since the Windows' registry is constantly being accessed; it's like the engine of your operating system, you need it to be the smallest file size possible for expediency.
- A faster Internet. Optimizing your system also has a positive affect on your Internet speed and the better stability improves connectivity for less packet drops and more responsive data handling behavior. Plus the online settings within Windows will be fully optimized along with any other program or game, such as your web browser, that accesses the Internet. The result is a faster and more reliable connection - and since almost everything on your system is attached to the Internet in some way - that is very beneficial to your overall performance.
- It's about YOU. The greatest gain of using a PC optimizer is the amount of time YOU save by making your computer and Internet faster. YOU will get more work done, or play games at higher frame rates without the pain of artifacts, freezes, and lag. Even casually surfing and checking Facebook becomes a more pleasurable task. Everything you do on your PC will be more responsive and much quicker, relieving yourself of the stress of the slow sluggish speed you had before when your computer was handcuffed with the default settings.
- There are many more Pros, but my editor will be displeased with the length of this page, so I'll just say, to see many more of the benefits of using PC optimizer software, please feel free to browse around our site to learn more. We have worked hard to build it with the goal of helping everyone optimize their PCs safely and successfully.
PC Optimizer Cons
- You need at least a general understanding of how to use software. Although most of today's PC optimizers are easy to use. Even for new PC users, the one time setup is more of a minor annoyance than a problem. Plus the better solutions have detailed online manuals to help you with just about every situation - and dealing with the tech support of the better programs has been nothing short of a great experience.
- Risk of downloading the wrong optimizer. Using the top PC optimizers listed on our site, we have never had any serious issues or corruption - However, a few that never made our list caused massive problems and issues including one event that forced us to re-install Windows on our test machine. Be careful, as some high profile tech sites are inexplicably singing the praises of a few of these junkware programs.
- Only works with Windows. We get emails all the time from those who want to optimize their computers that are not running Windows. Unfortunately, we don't use Mac or any other computers besides our treasured PCs. And we would not feel right about listing any programs for those users without putting our heart into it like we've done with the PC optimizers.
- Waiting too long to optimize. With optimization, you get the immediate satisfaction of a faster computer. Plus you will experience the thrill of your speedy system for the rest of its' lifetime. Every day, every week, every month, even for years, your PC and Internet will be faster. Many have told me the biggest con of installing an optimizer was it made them sad that they never optimized earlier. Don't wait for your PC to slow down (and they all do eventually) when you can improve speed permanently - never slowing down again. The improved system stability will also protect you from ever having to do the dreaded Windows re-install again.
Pros and Cons Verdict:
Will PC optimizer software help my Windows computer?
If you're running any recent version of Windows, it will help your PC be faster and more stable. I always thought as years went by, optimizer software would become less needed because of improvements in Windows. That's simply never happened. In fact, optimizing Windows 10 provided some of the best gains and results I've had in almost 20 years of doing this. I think it's due to the ever-growing size of Windows, as it continues to add more features, modules, and security components with each and every edition and major update. Simply more settings to optimize. Of course, older computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 will also need to be optimized simply based on the fact that older hardware struggles to keep up with today's demanding PC software and gaming requirements.
The final decision is yours to make. If you're on the fence, maybe you should wait a while and please read up some more on optimizers. If you're ready to make your PC the best it can be through optimization, then I hope all of the information here has helped you make a more informed decision on which optimizer to choose. However, please be very careful if you stray too far from our recommended list as there are many unstable and corruptive programs out there - especially the "free" downloads.
Best PC Optimizer 2018
- Our Optimizer Research Data
- Best PC Cleaner Pro Software
- Best PC Tuneup Software for Repair
- Optimization Software Buying Guide
- Top Automatic PC Optimization
- Top Windows System Repair
- Top Speed Up Optimizers
- Pros and Cons of Optimizer Software
- Free PC Optimization?
- Scams and Warnings
- Alternatives to Optimizer Pro
- Frequently Asked Questions