Feature comparison of top 11 PC Cleaner software for 2021. We will help you choose the best PC optimizer to improve your PC performance on any computer running Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP - including all old or new laptops and desktops.
After over 100 hours of testing 35 of the most popular Windows PC optimization software, here are the top 11 PC cleaners of 2021. The winner was the most effective on all systems, it gave the absolute fastest PC performance and Internet speed.
PC Optimizer Software (Tested in March 2021)
While many PC cleaners only clean files and remove registry bloat, the leader in our PC optimizer test, also provides continual optimization every time you turn on your PC.
This gives you a faster than new PC every time you startup. Plus. it was also the only one that provided perfect stability along with its' leading PC and Internet speed gains.
Our monthly results are usually posted within the first week of each month. However, we expect the rankings to remain steady for the next while.
Regardless, if there's any changes coming, we'll give you early warning.
Thanks to the entire team for their help - and to the generous community for your reports and suggestions.
This is the best PC optimization software (after our March 2021 tests) for superior computer and Internet speed.
maintained actually improved stability - unlike many of the other tune-up utilities that slowed performance and crashed our PCs.
Top 11 PC Speed-Up Software of 2020 (Final Ratings & Reasons)
We tested and compared all of the best computer optimization software available to speed up and repair your Windows system. After over 100 hours of testing 35 of the most popular optimizers, here are the best results.
Windows 10 Optimizer (also for 8, 7, Vista, XP)
99% The best PC Optimizer if you're looking for the most advanced Windows optimizer available for your computer system and Internet. WiseCare 365 Pro boosted our speed the most, while
maintaining actually improving stability.
Also absolves your system of all problems and even prevents any future ones from developing.
The best speed results, best for repair, and improved stability. It's easy to see why this is the leader in our recent test. It will automatically optimize your system in mere minutes. It's perfectly safe and even improved stability in our major error test. Since it was the only one that did that, was an amazing feat in itself.
- The best system speed (PC + Internet), comprehensive repair, solid stability.
- Boosted the Internet much more than all others.
- Setting up the automatic function was easy and very effective.
- After 2 months, it's still optimizing and making performance better.
- There's an optional portable version included for free with the Pro version.
- Works with any Windows laptop or desktop, new or old.
- Passed all online malware scans. 100% clean.
- Passionate developers who care about their work with frequent updates.
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- The portable version does not contain a few features.
- Interface is a little bland and not as modern as others.
Unlike all others tested, WiseCare 365's continual and constant slowdown prevention, lets you keep your speed gains. Your PC and Internet will always be at the highest speed possible, each and every day, from now on. WiseCare 365 Pro gets our strongest recommendation.
"WC 365 Pro proved itself in every PC / Internet speed, system repair, and stability test we threw at it. The end result - super speed levels without errors or problems."
Works with: All old or new PC Desktops, Notebooks, Laptops & Tablets running...
Microsoft® Windows 10. 8, 7, Vista, or XP.
PC Tuneup and Windows Repair Utilities;
95% One of the best system utilities to easily fix PC problems, System Mechanic Pro provided a thorough cleaning and fixed the majority of errors on our troubled Windows' test computers.
A thorough and complete repair utility that is a pleasure to use. Although the top pick in our PC optimizer list also has excellent repair, but with much more comprehensive optimization.
- Included Antivirus is a nice bonus.
- Does a good job at repairing common problems.
- Nice looking and easy to understand interface..
- Program is bloated with unnecessary features.
- The registry cleaner froze-up occasionally and took a long time.
Computer Optimizer and System Applications;
91% Both versions of Advanced SystemCare (Pro and Ultimate) give you excellent system tune up utilities for Windows computers. When your PC is struggling, ASC has good problem solving capabilities to fix it up.
Years ago, this was my go-to computer optimizer. As time went by, I found others that were much more effective, but I still have a soft spot for this one.
- At under $30 for the Pro version - it's a good deal for those on a budget.
- Well designed and easy to navigate.
- Comes in 2 flavors - We preferred Ultimate over Pro.
- The Ultimate version costs much more, and it's the best version.
- Repair functionality was a little weak in some tests.
4. Ashampoo WinOptimizer Pro
Easy PC Booster for Beginners;
91% With the WinOptimizer program, you will get faster speed for your Windows PC through one of the easiest to use interfaces.
A good option for new computer users that want lightweight optimization from an extremely simple PC optimizer. However, the top 2 are also easy to use but much more effective with their advanced automatic optimization.
- Very easy to use.
- Good PC repair results.
- Only fair PC and Internet speed improvements.
- Had trouble with compatibility in some tests.
5. Glarysoft Glary Utilities Pro
Registry Cleaner and Tools;
90% A great set of Windows tuneup tools that provides a quick PC tune up. Unfortunately, Glary Utilities lacks more than a few of the advanced optimization features of the leading optimizers.
However, it still does an excellent job to keep your PC stable with a mild performance boost. The multitude of manual settings were fun to explore, but very time consuming, and there's a fairly high learning curve.
- Lots of utilities to sift through - if you're into that sort of thing.
- Good manual control of all the tweaks.
- Lacks the advanced optimizations of the top programs.
- Very convoluted interface that requires more focus and concentration than the average person wants to give. Most people would look at it and say, "I have a life to live you know" ;-)
6. AVG PC Tuneup Utilities
Windows Cleaner and Maintenance App;
90% Is AVG's PC Tuneup Safe? We had no problems using AVG PC Tuneup. But you'll need to be careful and read what each of the 35 included tools are doing before proceeding. It was a little too easy to make mistakes.
If you need a quick PC tune-up, it performed OK. There are other optimization programs above that will serve you better.
7. Systweak Advanced System Optimizer
PC Optimization Software;
89% A simple program to use, Advanced System Optimizer can speed up your PC a little bit. It has an automatic function and we liked the pleasant, yet colorful interface.
Yet, there's no dedicated Internet optimizer module. So if that's important, you may want another. For us, since everything's connected to the Internet today, that was a deal-breaker. But if you're looking for only PC optimization, it may deserve a look.
8. Piriform CCleaner Pro
PC Cleaner Software;
89% Had trouble recently with malicious code injected into their program. At last check, it appears they have the all clear now
It's more of a cleaner than an optimizer. An advanced Windows speed optimizer is not CCleaner's strength. Like most, you can set a schedule to clean your system, but it had a very weak optimization score.
9. WinZip System Utilities
Windows Utilities and Maintenance Apps;
88% A good but not great set of tools for Windows. Provides maintenance in an easy to use interface, but in our testing, we were frustrated with the finicky driver updater function.
Particularly enjoyed the Process Library which allowed easy viewing of the resource hogs on our system. Overall it performed adequately, but the speed gains were minimal at best.
10. Symantec Norton Utilities
PC Tools and Utility Program;
88% In the late 1990's, I used Norton Utilities and loved it. There were very few competing programs at that time. And it was the best utility software available, but that was over 20 years ago.
Today, it's still a fair option to clean your hard drive of junk files. It does lack the advanced system optimization tools of the better solutions.
11. Slimware SlimCleaner Pro
Clean Up Windows Software;
87% An array of system maintenance utilities to keep your computer clean. Also helps to remove unwanted programs.
A pretty and colorful program that can struggle at times to optimize. In the end, performance was disappointing. Yet the interface was one of the simplest and easiest to use.
After testing, comparing, and reviewing to find this year's best PC optimizer, there were a few contenders that never quite made it to the top, but they were still good programs in their own right.
12. Comodo PC Tuneup - Was a little shallow in features. While a decent PC cleaner, it fell back with the lack of advanced optimization we have come to expect from today's more popular optimizer programs.
13. Anvisoft Cloud System Booster - As always, these cloud solutions sound good on paper, but the reality is the results were worse than standard pre-programmed solutions.
14. Jv16 PowerTools Pro - Includes a very detailed registry cleaner that performs really well, but it lacks the app's and tools needed to push your system to much faster speeds.
15. Defencebyte Computer Optimizer - We almost missed this one. It performed well enough, but it will need to provide a little more advanced optimization to satisfy speed hungry Windows' users.
16. Asmwsoft PC Optimizer - Optimizes PC's from within a very simple interface, but it needs more features.
17. Pointstone System Cleaner - A junk file cleaner for Windows, it does a fine job of removing useless files and data from your computer. Needs more advanced features to become a leading solution.
18. 1-Click PC Care - The single click sounded good up front, but the overall performance was only fair.
19. Amigabit PowerBooster - With just OK results, it seems that PowerBooster is becoming one of those programs that is not being improved upon over the last few years.
20. WinUtilities Pro - WinUtilities Pro cleans your computer and can fix problems with a single click. More of a PC cleaner than a pure speed focused optimization program.
21. BoostSpeed - So many hoops to jump through to get the program, but not worth it in the end.
22-35 - Some of the bottom dwellers are certainly not worth listing here or anywhere - mostly for your protection, as a few of them were very harmful.
Other software considered for our tests, but in the end did not meet our optimizing criteria included; Bleachbit, Revo Uninstaller, and IObit Uninstaller.
Best PC Optimizer Comparison
After over 100 hours of testing 35 of the most popular PC tune up software available, here are the top 3 system optimizers. We included a few more of the detailed results to help you choose the best for your particular computer and needs.
|PC Cleaner / Optimizer
(Results from March 2021 test)
|Final Rating:||Excellent.||Very Good.||Good.|
|Optimize PC Speed:||A+||B+||B-|
|Improve Program Load Times:||A+||A||A-|
|Improve Computer Startup:||A+||A+||B-|
|PC Gaming Improvement:||A+||B+||B|
|Fix Problems & Errors:||A||A||A-|
|Optimize Windows 10:||A+||A-||A|
|Optimize Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP:||A||B-||B+|
|- - - - - - - - - - -||- - - - - -||- - - - - -||- - - - - -|
|Test Analysis Score:||99%||95%||91%|
What is the best PC optimization software for Windows 10, 8, 7?
Answer: After testing over 30 programs, the best PC optimization software is WiseCare 365 Pro. In our testing, there was no other program that could compete with its' advanced PC optimization features.
How does PC optimization software improve computer speed?
Answer: It will boost everything you do on your Windows' computer. Including PC gaming, work app's, web-surfing, emailing, downloading, and movie streaming.
Will PC optimization software repair and stabilize my system?
Answer: Yes, it will repair system problems. Plus it will protect your system from future issues. The result is improved stability over the lifetime of your PC.
Is it easy to use PC optimization software?
Answer: The automatic function will fine-tune your PC and all installed programs. This easily gives you faster system speed gains while improving system stability.
Will PC optimization software speed up my Internet?
Answer: Yes, most PC optimization programs today include an Internet optimizer feature. Your Internet settings and web browser will speed up to 300% in some problematic cases.
Are PC optimization downloads dangerous?
Answer: If you decide to get PC optimization software elsewhere, please be careful. There are more than a few downloads with hidden malware and malicious code. All listed here on our web site have been scanned for viruses and proven to be safe and effective.
PC optimization software is a collection of tuneup utilities programmed to improve slow computer performance by optimizing settings within the Windows operating system. This removes the speed-reducing default bottlenecks that are put in place for easier hardware compatibility for the PC manufacturers. Once optimized, all of the computer's hardware components - including the CPU, GPU, and RAM - will be able to utilize their full capacity, leading to improved performance.
All of the PC tuneup software on this page were the best in our tests. If I was to recommend one for everyone, from experts to new users - my best PC optimizer choice is absolutely Wise Care 365 Pro.
The reasons why are outlined in detail on this page. Simply put, it's the best because there's just no other program that can compete with its' advanced PC optimization features for the fastest speed gains, perfect repairs, and rock-solid stability.
Why do some other tech sites have a different opinion?
For over 20 years, I've been testing and personally using tuneup utilities while also writing my opinions of them on this site and a few others. One thing that has been constant is the multitude of emails I get from many of the software companies offering kickbacks and extraordinarily high commission rates to feature their software.
Since I've had a rewarding career as a programmer, I have been fortunate enough (through hard work) to be financially secure - now I'm happily semi-retired. So these offers don't have an affect on me, like they would on a tech site with a business bottom-line. Most importantly, I have never received one of these emails from WiseCare - and they've been around for over 10 years - that may explain the lack of enthusiasm on other tech sites. I commend the WiseCare team for focusing on the quality of their program and not becoming obsessed with marketing hype like most others. It's an intelligent strategy that I feel will help them win their due accolades in the end.
Of course, many other tech sites may not have tested the new 2021 advancements to WiseCare 365, or they haven't updated their lists in a long time. By the way, many tech sites just change a few words or the actual published date to look like they ran new tests and updated for the year - don't be fooled, some of those lists are ancient.
Optimizing your PC can be complicated if you're into manually adjusting hundreds of settings and registry entries. Even a tech expert would never be able to manually adjust all of the hidden and locked settings within your computer.
Everyone needs their system to be the best it can be - and an optimizer will produce a super fast and perfectly running computer for as long as you own your PC. And it works with any desktop, notebook, or tablet running Windows.
If you decide to get a PC optimizer elsewhere, please be careful. There are more than a few with hidden malware and malicious code. All listed here on our web site have been fully scanned and proven to be safe and effective. Thanks for reading.